Senior/Chartered Building Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior/Chartered Building Surveyor|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£40000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Toby Vowels|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2020 13:58|
As well as technical competence, I'm looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to clients. The post-holder will work closely with other members of the national team and report into the head of Building Surveying.
* A Winning Attitude
* You seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current.
* You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
* A Team Player
* Aware - you have an understanding of the wider business goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
* You contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
* Ambassador for the brand
Working across a number of projects in different sectors providing a range of building surveying duties.
* Supporting the commission lead on various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator.
* The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
* Assisting preparation and submitting applications for Planning and Building Control consents.
* Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes.
* Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports. * Due Diligence surveys.
* Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and recording schedules of condition. * Planned Maintenance Surveys.
* Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
I'm looking for a motivated and sharp minded Senior Building Surveyor who has:
* A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS.
* RICS Chartered Surveyor. * Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
* Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
* Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents.
* Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
* Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
* Meticulous nature and an eye for detail.
* Desire to develop career within a Consultancy environment.
* A full driving license and prepared to travel as required.
* Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project as minimum.
* Good AutoCAD skills.
* Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills.
* Experience of managing clients and their expectations.
Harper Harrison is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.